Varicose veins of the extension of vienna in the lower limbs is the expansion of the surface veins in the legs that is accompanied by disorders of blood circulation and the functioning of the valves.
Women varicose veins in the legs distributed with more frequently than men, which is related to the hormone replacement during puberty, pregnancy, breastfeeding and menopause. Also, the distinction of male and female varicose veins in the location, which is especially expressed in the region of the groin.
Varicose veins of the lower limbs in 15% of cases appears due to a predisposition to the disease. In other cases, the disease is caused excessive, in vienna. Factors associated with the development of the disease can be called:
- a sedentary lifestyle, without the normal muscular activity;
- age above 40 years;
- the work in a sitting position;
- pregnancy (on equal footing with varicose veins, the feet can develop varicose veins of the pelvic floor, sexual lips and Dr);
- the use of hormonal medication, including contraceptives;
- high levels of cholesterol;
- the weight above normal;
- flat feet;
- diseases of the spinal column;
- the abuse of tobacco and alcohol;
- the abuse of the sauna and the solarium;
- the constant adoption of the hot baths;
- permanent lifting heavy objects;
- excessively tight clothing;
There is also the secondary varicose veins, which appears in the midst of the cured of thrombosis or thrombophlebitis, and also due to defects in pathologies, such as, for example, dysplasia or arterio-venous fistula. Very rarely, it can occur obstruction congenital of the veins, which causes the secondary varicose veins.
The following video contains useful information about the causes of varicose veins for women:
Varicose veins manifests itself even at the beginning of the phase, accompanied by such symptoms:
- weight in the lower limbs;
- advanced vienna, in sites up to large conglomerates;
- the feeling of fatigue in the legs;
- convulsions, increasing in the standing position, descending when lying down;
- pain, whining and arching his nature;
- a burning sensation;
- the swelling, especially expressed in the area of the feet, ankles and legs;
It is worth mentioning that the symptoms intensifies at night.
The diagnosis can be performed even on the first access to the doctor, because advanced of vienna is clearly visible. However, to confirm the diagnosis and verify the existence of complications, are assigned more research:
- An examination of the blood in general. The level of red blood cells in the blood shows the sedimentation of blood, the white blood cells — the presence of thrombophlebitis, and the level of platelets — the presence of diseases of blood clotting.
- Ultra-sonography of the feet. Confirms varicose veins, shows your location.
- Rheovasography. Determines the stage of the disease.
- Venography. If the previous studies do not help to confirm the varicose veins, intravenously, is introduced contrast agent to assess the state of the venous system.
Can also be attributed to more research and consultation phlebology. Then, we'll talk about what to do and how to treat varicose veins in the legs of women and men.
Therapy the treatment is performed in conjunction with surgery, or when the same:
- the patient with the chronic form of venous insufficiency is preparing for the operation;
- the operation was postponed for an indefinite period;
- is performed the rehabilitation after immediate treatment;
Therapeutic methods to the maximum to preserve the integrity of the patient, eliminating signs of the disease, as well as the prevention of its recurrence. In the methods are compression and drug therapy.
Compression therapy consists of using bandages, elastic compression mesh fabrics and knee brace. Therefore, the pressure generated by the compression of the therapy, helps to:
- reduce the diameter of the veins;
- to increase the lymphatic drainage;
- accelerate the flow of blood in the veins.
Medical therapy aims to increase the tone of veins, reducing capillary permeability, improving the microcirculation, as well as stopping the inflammatory process.
And so, it is worth to talk about the operation of removal of the varicose veins in the legs, of which there are not many positive reviews.
Surgical treatment more effective. There are several operations to get rid of varicose veins. Was previously applied to open surgery, which is now running every day, because it often becomes complicated and difficult tolerated by the patients. The most sought after now:
- Phlebectomy. In the lower limbs do the holes, after which the affected areas will be removed. When this operation is performed with the application of video camera, transmitting the image to the monitor.
- Sclerotherapy. The operation involves the introduction of the drug, the adhesive, the walls with the disappearance of the veins. It is particularly effective in operation, when the vascular gear and reticular varicose veins.
- Removal the laser. The most popular method of treatment because it is cheap and is not a complication, can heal and varicose veins, and trophic ulcer. The venous wall is heated by a laser, after which they resolve.
- The obliteration. The method is safe and accompanied by a simple period of physical rehabilitation. The operation consists in heating the electrode metal through microwave radiation. Warm the probe destroys the inner lining of the vein.
The operation should be adapted with your doctor, in order to avoid possible complications.
About how to get rid of varicose veins in the legs and, usually, if this is possible thanks to the treatment folk means, read more.
About sclerotherapy as a method of treatment of varicose veins of the lower limbs, the doctor says, in the following video:
Perhaps if the treatment folk means
To completely cure varicose veins folk means that it is impossible. All the home remedies for the dilution of the blood and improve microcirculation, that a special effect for varicose veins of the extension does not have.
However, home remedies can help relieve the symptoms of the disease, therefore, can be applied in conjunction with traditional media, assigned to a doctor.
The treatment of varicose veins in legs at home is to obey the recommendation of a physician. In the initial stages of varicose veins can actually heal without surgery, and with the aid of medicines, bandages, exercise, and compression therapy. No ill-will visit the massage and to observe the preventive measures.
And now it's time to talk about the prevention of varicose veins in the legs.
To prevent completely the appearance of varicose veins impossible, however, to reduce the possibility of the occurrence of the real by means of preventive measures:
- abandon the bad habits;
- do not abuse alcohol;
- make physical therapy sessions because;
- visit massage when possible;
- avoid large loads in vienna;
Also, when a large load of vienna, it is necessary to use meshes for compression, go to the doctor and take medicines.
The treatment wrong the varicose veins leads to complications. Thus, about 22% of the cases can occur for the emergence of trophic pests, and in 25% — thrombophlebitis. If the varicose veins is not a threat to the life of the patient, and its complications require urgent treatment.
Complications of varicose veins include:
- Thrombophlebitis. Can develop into thrombosis.
- Trophic ulcer. Without treatment, the causes, the wounds do not heal and that are constantly repeated, carrying an unbearable pain.
- Thrombosis. Without treatment, it develops into heart or respiratory failure and leads to death in half of the cases.
Can also occur in individual symptoms, such as severe headaches and the general deterioration of health.
The prediction of cure is very favorable. More than 80% of the patients recover fully operational when the proper and timely treatment of a disease. When the secondary and complicated varicose veins integrity reduced to about half of the patients.