All materials on the site prepared by specialists in the area of surgery, anatomy and related disciplines. All recommendations lead indicative and without consulting the doctor does not apply.
Varicose veins is a disease in which occurs a destruction of the valve drive of the veins of the lower limbs, causing faulty the output of blood, veins, gradually, increase.
Initially, this is only purely cosmetic defect, but when the progression of the disease, describe the clinical symptoms until dangerous complications – thrombophlebitis and thromboembolism.
Once the mechanism of varicose veins still in anatomical defect, and conservative methods of treatment here is ineffective. Despite the growing publicity of funds for this disease, all the drugs can only be considered as a means of prevention of the progression of the disease in the early stages.
Logical that the most radical method of treatment of this pathology is surgery. The goal of surgery – to eliminate the own advanced venous mainstream. This is achieved, or the removal of varicose veins, veins, or obliteration.
Until recently, the most common operation the varicose expansion of the veins was phlebectomy, or is, the complete removal of vienna and unsustainable, quite traumatic stress disorder and the discomfort of the procedure performed under general anesthesia, after which it remained scars and long-lasting and which do not pass through a bruise.
In the last few decades, the practice incorporated and other methods of surgical treatment of varicose veins of the disease: electrocoagulation, sclerotherapy, radiofrequency ablation, and others. However, of all the proposed minimally invasive techniques increased popularity has received a method of laser coagulation of the veins.
The advantages of laser coagulation varicose vein
Laser coagulation of the veins was first applied to a little over 10 years ago. Today, this procedure is the main method of treatment of varicose veins, disease, abroad, each day grows its popularity, and in portugal. This operation is constantly being improved.
The main advantages of laser coagulation varicose vein:
- Instead of a plurality of cuts is made with a punch. After the operation there is no hypodermic bruising.
- It is not necessary, in general, anaesthesia or spinal anaesthesia.
- Painless. The operation is performed under local anesthesia, the patient does not feel any pain, or notes of small uncomfortable sensations.
- The possibility of performing an operation on an outpatient basis, hospitalization is not required.
- The lack of need for a long rehabilitation. After 1.5-2 hours after the procedure, you can return to your normal. The work is not interrupted.
- The lowest rate of complications in comparison with other methods.
- The possibility of carrying out of operation when there are trophic ulcers.
- Laser coagulation can be repeated several times.
The essence of the treatment of varicose veins laser
Indications of procedure– is the presence of varicose veins. The most frequently asked laser treatment, by small extensions of the venous tributaries.
Does not apply the treatment when the expansion subcutaneous vienna of more than 10 mm in diameter, and if it is too complicated extended vienna. In these cases, this procedure will be ineffective and technically impossible.
When there is a set of the varicose veins extended to tributaries, has also its removal. Laser treatment in such a case, it becomes economically unfeasible (this method is quite expensive).
Laser treatment varicose veins – if a method is very young, therefore, the development and improvement continue. Discussions about the power of the laser radiation, are designed and implemented by the new light guides.
The essence of the method of laser coagulation is that the impact of the laser energy leads to the "boiling" of the blood inside the vessel, of high temperature, which acts on the inner wall of the vein, occurs a burn, thermal, and adhesion of the vein wall with obliterating its lumen.
Thus, one eliminates the substrate anatomic for varicose veins, advanced disease vienna disappears and turns into connective tissue weight (or simply-guts), which is not visible under the skin. Later, occurs, usually, complete resorption of vienna.
How is performed the procedure
In the classic version of the laser treatment eliminates any cuts.
- Under ultra-sound in the vertical position is labeled vienna, the laser obliteration: projection of vienna, only, draws the marker on the skin. Noteworthy are also its tributaries.
- Through a small hole (after the pre-local anesthesia), is performed puncture of the vein, particularly the venous catheter. In fact, the stab of the anesthetic before the puncture is the only thing painful sensation during this operation.
- Through a catheter is introduced laser light guide. Under ultra-sound guide of light passing to the places of vienna.
- Is performed tumescent anesthesia – infiltration around the modification of vienna, combined with a solution containing the anesthetic lidocaine, adrenaline and the physical. solution. This infiltration not only provides anesthesia, but and protects the surrounding tissue of the burn.
- Then is performed the procedure is included with the laser radiation and is made traction reverse the tip of the guide, with a certain speed (the speed of movement of the tip of the guide, usually standard, developed based on clinical trials, but may vary depending on the diameter of the vein, and the wavelength of the radiation).
- Varicose veins advanced the tributaries of the are clean through the micro-holes.
- After the procedure, overlap the bandage compression special rubber cushions at vienna, which bind to the skin for a band-aid) and compression stockings (II) the degree of compression.
Compression socks are purchased in advance, which advises the physician to pre-consultation.
The main contra-indications are:
- Inflammatory changes of the skin and subcutaneous tissue at the location planned in the procedure.
- The diameter of the vein more than 1 cm.
- The abnormal function of the foot, due to other diseases (arthritis, the consequences of a stroke, others disease of the lower limbs).
- Sharp infectious diseases or decompensation chronic somatic illnesses.
- A variety of diseases of the arteries of the lower limbs. When these diseases have interrupted the blood supply to the feet, and the laser treatment can aggravate the situation.
- The increase in the number of platelets in the blood (increases the risk of blood clots).
- Repeated thrombosis in the story.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Obesity of high degree, because it hinders the necessary post-operative compression.
Preparation for the laser treatment
Before the procedure, it is necessary to pass a screening. As a rule, it is assigned a default set of analyses:
- The general examination of blood, urine.
- In biochemical analysis.
- Study of the blood clotting system.
- The blood for viral markers of hepatitis, HIV, syphilis.
- The inspection of a therapist.
- The gynecologist for women.
In addition to the standard search, necessarily, it is performed an ultrasound vascular feet.
Pre-purchased, and compression stockings. They are adjusted individually by your doctor. Typically, they can be purchased in the same clinic where you plan an operation or a beauty salon.
Before the operation need to shave feet.
The post-operative period
The whole operation takes no more than 40 minutes. After surgery it is necessary to walk for an hour, after which the patient can go home.
- After 2-3 days it is necessary to the control of a doctor with an ultrasonic search.
- If you need an operation the other leg, which is assigned for at least a week.
- Mesh compression is not removed within five days, and then in a period of 1.5-2 months if he is wearing only during the day. Therefore, it is not recommended to perform operations in the hottest period of the year.
- Recommended daily walk at a rapid pace, not less than 1 hour.
- Some time in the local is not a good vienna and at locations of the punch are kept small bruises and pigmentation.
- Within a few weeks you should avoid long, static, loads of legs, a seat, visit the baths and saunas, hot baths.
The possible consequences and complications of laser
Procedure causes aseptic inflammation and necrosis of vienna.
Respectively, may occur:
- Price pain in limbs in a period of 2-3 days.
- The sense of tension, through the course of vienna, discomfort during flexion-extension thin.
- Short the elevation of the temperature up to low-grade digit.
- The appearance of ecchymosis.
All of these unpleasant symptoms, short and passes in a few days.
It should also be noted the possibility of recurrence of the disease : the lack of obliteration of the lumen of the vein leads to your reconnect the vans – recovery it blood circulation and re-expansion. This occurs with more frequency when stop post-operative recommendations.
Very rarely can occur more terrible complications – thrombophlebitis clot vienna or deep vein thrombosis. These complications occur in 4 to 6 days after the operation, you should remember about the possibility of their occurrence and the symptoms, when what you should immediately contact your doctor:
- The occurrence of a strong pain in the leg.
- The elevation of the temperature above 38 degrees.
- The appearance of redness, the seal, the pain of movement of vienna.
- The appearance of edema of the foot.
The main drawback of laser removal of varicose veins is their value. This operation is paid. The cost of operation is between 500 and 1000 dollars.
The price depends mainly on the amount of operations (and lower length of vienna, the need for removal and the number of its tributaries), the type of the equipment (treating the laser radial is more expensive).
The prices of mesh compression also are not small, and save is not worth it.
However, testimonies from patients who have undergone a surgery for obliteration vein, in the vast majority positive.
Without anesthesia, without major pain! After 40 minutes after the operation you can walk, after 2 hours, you can go home and return to their usual work.
The effect is visible after a few days, nor pain, nor swelling, nor the bulging wiring harnesses under the skin. The preliminary opinion of the patients: the laser operation costs money.