Varicose veins in the legs is the most common of the disease, which is the negative affects movement not only in the lower limbs, but also of other organs and systems. A pathological process covers such as large and small vessels.
What are varicose veins
The disease is a pathological varicose veins with thinning of their walls and the formation of nodes. Varicose veins in the legs triggered a malfunction of the valve apparatus veins. More often than pathology are affected by women.
The mechanism of disease development is paired with the venous weak, thanks to which the normal circulation of blood through the blood vessels of the lower limbs.
Under the action of the muscle pump is supported at normal pressure. If the tone in the walls of the vessels decreases, occurs the stagnation of the blood, which causes even more pathological state. Excessive pressure in the vein contributes to the change of their shape, they become winding.
Varicose veins, covering the lower limbs, has the following stages of development:
- 1 the phase (offset). The clinical signs are absent. On examination, it is possible to detect some translucent through vasodilation.
- 2 phase (subcompensation). Is this expresses the extension of the walls of veins, which is accompanied by a bright the symptoms.
- 3 stage (decompensation). In addition to education hypodermic from us, occurs ulceration venous, changes the state of the skin of the integument in the area of the injury.
Started the stage of varicose veins, often leads to severe disease — thrombophlebitis.
The cause of the disease, and triggers:
- hereditary predisposition;
- the reduction of the tonus of the vascular wall can be congenital pathology;
- pregnancy (which happens tighten retroperitoneal veins growing removed);
- constant for a long stay in static position (standing, sitting);
- the lifting of weights;
- wearing tugix seat belts and corsets, prevents the normal blood circulation;
- irrational feeding with a predominance of fat and lack of fiber;
- hormonal disorders;
- taking oral contraceptives for a long period of time;
- chronic constipation;
- lack of physical exercise.
Varicose veins of the lower limbs can be caused to use a narrow and uncomfortable shoes.
The symptoms of varicose veins
The first signs of the disease:
- the pain in the legs and discomfort in the end of the day;
- the weight on the lower limbs and small swelling;
- the occurrence of spider veins;
- the restless legs syndrome during the night.
To the extent that the development of the disease it is manifested as a complex of symptoms:
- the gain of pains, that occur at any time of the day, are reinforced during the night or when the prolonged stay in the same position;
- the sensation of chills running over your skin;
- the sensation of flatulence in the calves.
In the final stage of varicose veins the skin of the feet becomes dry and itchy. Appear small bumps and erosion, showing trophic violations. Pain in the legs become unbearable, swelling, are present not only in the evening, but morning.
As it seems
Varicose veins have demonstrations outside, and, therefore, to determine its heat. Initially, through the skin clearly glow of purple and blue vessels. With the passing of time vienna, becomes more convex, and resembles a cord bungee, which stretched through the foot. If the vessel is not smooth, and tortuous, with the seals, which, according to the development of the disease may not come out.
Diagnosis of varicose veins includes the following methods:
- Duplex treatment. This method of study helps to identify the settings of the tension of the blood and reveal the stagnation in the pathological locations. Using this method has the ability to diagnose the initial stage of the formation of a blood clot.
- Ultrasound of the veins. This method allows you to determine the tone of the vascular and the less the variation of the flow of blood to the varicose veins. In this case use TIES-sensor, that apply to some of the points of projection of the veins.
- Rheovasography. In the lower limbs articulate with the electrodes, which flow of high frequency current in the tissue. When you do this, the doctor receives a chart, that allows to judge about the existence, or not, varicose veins.
- An analysis of the blood. Use to determine the amount of cholesterol, that can become a factor of the occurrence of complications. In addition, reveal the ability of the blood to clot.
Sometimes, for confirmation of the diagnosis techniques can be applied to the x-ray.
The treatment of varicose veins
The treatment of the disease consists in an integrated approach. When you do this, the therapy aims to eliminate the causes of a disease process. Use medicines, home remedies, mesh compression. In most cases, varicose veins of the lower limbs is treated through surgery.
The medical therapy is geared to the maintenance of the tonus of the vascular. Medicines for oral administration, as well as ointments help to prevent the development of the disease, but not cure. When you do this, apply medicines, strengthening the vascular wall. The cream on the base of the nut gives a good result with regular use.
Popular forms of varicose veins, help get rid of bright symptoms. The use of herbs, which produce the juice and make gadgets. The most effective of them: jade, yarrow, rosemary, leaves of geranium and Dr. During pregnancy, treatment is possible, but you can use tinctures and lotions herbal.
When varicose veins in a state of abandonment, no funds will not help, the only method of treatment is surgery. The doctor uses drugs that are injected into the vein affected, which contributes to unite that you have done your wall. As a result, the advanced, the vessel becomes imperceptible. When heavy initial stages of the disease apply microsurgical technology and t. d.
Prevention of varicose veins is the maintenance of the tonus of the vascular, in a constant change of posture, if the work force a long time standing or sitting.
It is also important that you do not forget the physical education, eat correctly and at the end of the day, to occupy the horizontal position of the body with a high bottom to top, thus creating a return current of blood.
Useful swimming and sightseeing.
The progress of varicose veins of the lower limbs, one can avoid carrying compression clothes and elastic bandages. When you do this, the dead vessels to shrink, its extension becomes impossible.
Follow a diet when varicose veins allows you to avoid the development of the disease. It is important to eliminate from the diet all fried and fatty foods, fast-food, give up food suhamatku. You should eat more vegetable fiber and cereal. An additional benefit will bring nuts and fruits of the sea. It is advisable to drink up to 2 litres of drinking water per day.
Complications of varicose veins
If varicose veins start, then, can lead to dangerous consequences. The disease may encompass a growing number of veins. Disturbed brain and the circulation of the blood, the person experiences constant dizziness and may lose consciousness. The disease in man, extends, in the vein of the testis, resulting in the development of varicocele. In women the expansion occurs of the blood vessels of the uterus, which increases the risk of bleeding.
When varicose veins in cases form trophic ulcer that does not heal within a long period of time and can cause infection. This complication is difficult to heal. If you will be joining a chronic infection can develop sepsis.
The formation of a blood clot when varicose veins is frequently the consequence and leads to inflammation of the vein. Occurs seal, painful to the touch.
The danger of the disease consists in the fact that you can occur the detachment of a blood clot and occlusion of pulmonary or cardiac coronary artery, which can be fatal.
Thrombophlebitis may proceed with the annexation of a bacterial infection, which contributes to the formation of a festering wound.
Varicose veins in pregnancy
Varicose veins during the pregnancy can progress, this is related to the weight gain and the growth of the fetus. The treatment of the disease in the period of transportation the child is the use of compression and clothing from ointments. It is important to always keep the feet raised in the prone position and avoid long periods of sitting or standing.