You traveled on the walk of several metro stops, or standing in line at the bank, on foot after that, the steel is cast iron? This may be the first symptom of varicose veins, disease. What you are experiencing and how to be treated?
What are varicose veins
Everyone knows that the artery is the vessel by which the blood from the heart to the internal organs and the skin, and the person otherwise returns to the heart. But, sometimes, for various reasons, it becomes difficult to do this, it begins to stagnate in the veins, that from this swell, start to ache. This is called varicose veins.
Why this happens? The blood through the veins to the top, under the action of residual blood pressure. The speed of the blood when this has an impact on muscle tone – cutting, the muscles are, as you would squeeze the blood up. The reverse of the blood flow front the venous valves. But if in the veins constantly created the excess pressure (for example, if too zealous with the weights exercises or periods of the foot), then they gradually expand and are being extended, muscle aches, and the walls of the veins, gradually, is withered, perish the nerves responsible for the tonus of the veins. The venous valves of the lower, deforming scars, and no longer fulfil its function. These processes gradually taking up all the trunk and its tributaries, and pass to the capillaries. This causes the tissues and organs poorly endowed with oxygen and nutrients, and feet appear bulging and writhing "standards" cyanotic color (and – oh, horror! – goodbye, short skirts).
The causes of varicose veins
The doctors believe that the main reason of varicose veins (blood vessels that carry blood to the heart) – heredity. That is, the risk of occurrence of varicose veins rises, if he suffered from a mother or grandmother. The inheritance is transmitted to the weakness of the venous wall, due to the fact that, with the time of vienna are stretched and the blood on them decreases. The main danger of varicose veins, a disease in which the stagnation of blood in the veins can cause the formation of them blood clots. And thrombophlebitis – is already a serious disease that can result in dangerous complications. But to bring for this, you need to be absolutely deaf to his own body.
Who is in risk group?
• The right believes that the varicose veins is the "disease of sellers and hairdressers", that is, people who spend a lot of time standing. But this list of occupations, you can continue to include surgeons, waiters, hypermarkets (this is the type of person that puts the goods on the shelves in the supermarket) and all that, at the end of a work day you can say: "I never sat down today!".
• Extended session without movement can also serve as a trigger for varicose veins as it causes the stagnation of blood in the pelvis. And once for a long time to sit in one place not only to truck drivers, but more or less all the office workers, then it is necessary to force yourself periodically to get up and go – at least for a call on his cell phone.
• Also the risk of having varicose veins, a disease which has fat women (update, fat women are those who have serious weight problems, and not those who just need to lose a few extra kilos).
• pregnant – due to an increased weight of the uterus begins to tighten the vein of the pelvis, causing the stagnation of blood.
The symptoms of varicose veins
Typically, the onset of varicose veins, disease, preceded by a series of symptoms, which is difficult to ignore:
• a feeling of heaviness in the legs, especially at the end of the day;
• burning sensation, periodically arise in the course of the veins;
• swelling of the legs, which appear at the end of the afternoon and early in the morning, disappear;
• on the surface of the skin of the feet appeared swollen, bulging, winding of vienna (even though vienna).
Four strict "NO" when varicose veins, disease of• It is NOT possible to use high heels.
• It is NOT possible to sit down, throw the leg over the other.
• Do NOT wear socks with very tight by a rubber band, very tight shoes, and a pair of jeans.
• Do NOT lift anything heavier 5 kg.
For some women, on the legs, chest or even on the face appear varicose veins (called telangiectasia). The doctors believe in your intradermal form of varicose veins, disease. In most cases, this problem is purely aesthetic in nature, but if a lot of asterisks and especially in the legs, stagnant, quite a large number of blood and joins the semiology of chronic venous insufficiency (sensation of weight and pain in the legs). In this case, the problem you will need to practice, already for health reasons. And recommendations on the sport are the same when varicose veins, disease.
We go to the doctor
If you notice in the symptoms of varicose veins, it is not worth getting of the situation on the brakes. It will not resolve, but the worst can easily become, especially if you deal with the types of physical activity, which when varicose veins are contraindicated. Therefore, in the first place, you should go to the doctor-whereas, to clarify how everything seriously (to do this, you usually need to pass an ultrasound of the vascular bed). Depending on the results, the doctor will decide what to do – to wait (if the manifestations of the disease are minimal) or assign it to the drug treatment. If the manifestations of a disease that has not yet, and there's only hereditary predisposition to it, visit phlebologist still not interfere. The doctor tells him, as not to cause the disease.
Fitness and varicose veins
In case of suspicion of disease is confirmed, necessarily, additional, doctor, I can continue the fitness training, the usual scheme. Do not hesitate and ask the doctor the more detail about what you can and what not. Examples of correct questions: "Doctor, I am very concerned, now to run 5 km every day, as I usually do?", "Doctor, I already have the tickets for the ski resort purchased, and skate-to me, now, can it be?" and t. d. Ideal, if in this case, the training program will be composed individually with the instructor, who understands the problem, because the man without appropriate education and experience may not be able to take into account the risk factors.
For those that there are already manifestations of the varicose veins, even that of a minor:
• are not recommended for load in, when the "stay" (restart) the muscles of the legs – like walking into a snowboard and ski, aerobics, running, weight lifting, and t. p.
• it's not worth doing an exercise, you have to strive to hold their breath.
With the manifestation of varicose veins, disease of the whole to abandon the practice of sporting activities, it is not possible, because the physical load improves the blood circulation. To work correctly, the gym will make you work the muscle groups, which exercises the function of "muscle pump" and have to be emptied venous mainstream. A universal prescription for training, but exclusively useful it will be everything that is related with the pool – water aerobics, yoga, just swimming. The simulators are ideal for climber, has led to a simulator of the cardio machines. The favorite of all the treadmill has to go to the step bumper of the feet of anything.
You must be cautious, even with such apparently calm types of physical activity such as pilates and yoga, because there there are also positions with a large load on the legs. It is best to choose exercises youtthe organizing Committee and rest.
1. During the exercise, mix the tension and the relaxation and the receiveite load – do the exercises is up, is down.
2. Avoid vertical starting position – it is better to do the exercises sitting and lying down. For example, instead of squats, do leg exercises lying down.
3. Study in special kompрeссионных socks (can be bought only in pharmacies and they are selected individually by the doctor's recommendation).
4. The best is to do exercises not support the weight. If you must increase the work load, do more reps of the exercise, and not increasete the weight of the projectile. And, of course, do not forget about the correct breathing during exercise.
So, let the varicose veins without proper monitoring, even if its manifestations, insignificant, not worth. Do not be lazy and visit phlebologist. After all, the relationship with him is more helpful than with the surgeon, which has to go, when the problem will be well-executed. In general, if you have concerns about varicose veins, only try how you can move more on a day-to-life – pass a stop-work up at home, walk the aisle, when you are talking on the mobile phone are the small helpful things that allow you to meet the work better.