Varicose veins – a common disease characterized by an increase of the lumen of the blood vessels, the violation of work valve unit and the appearance of the return current of the blood. A pathological process can be located in different locations, by type of disease:
- the extension of the veins of the esophagus;
- vein rectal (hemorrhoids);
- vein pelvic;
- vein seeds power cord (varicocele);
- the veins of the lower limbs.
The most common is varicose veins of the legs. It is estimated that they suffer more than 30 % of the population, while the greater part are women. Varicose veins in the legs is not only ugly, speaking from vienna, but a multitude of unpleasant feelings and inconvenient. The process of the disease is accompanied of weight, pain, edema, often leads to dangerous complications: thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, trophic ulcers. Many would like to know how to get rid of varicose veins forever, because it impairs strongly the quality of life. But, unfortunately, the phenomenon is irreversible, and the only thing that you can do, is to stop or slow down the development of the disease.
The causes of varicose veins are still not clarified. It is understood that the disease is related to thinning, weakness, and loss of elasticity of the vascular wall, as well as the incompetence of the valves. In the result of vienna, become unequally advanced, stretched, long, complicated. There is the opinion that a decisive role in the onset of the disease has a genetic predisposition, that is, from birth, fragile, and defective valves.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins, although they are not its causes:
- Heredity (according to experts, the risk of occurrence of diseases in people whose parents suffer from, is 70%).
- Belong to the female sex. This is related to the hormonal changes at puberty, during pregnancy and menopause, as well as the reception and the hormonal oral contraceptives and the use of shoes with high heels.
- The work activity, associated with the duration of your stay on foot or in a sitting position (barbers, salesmen, surgeons, waiters, drivers, accountants, programmers, and others).
- More advanced age, in which the weakening of the wall of the blood vessels and the wear valve apparatus – a natural phenomenon.
- Operational intervention.
- To a sedentary lifestyle.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure in relation to overweight, pregnancy, lifting weight (porters, athletes, weight lifters), frequent loads when chronic, constipation and cough.
Methods of treatment
Varicose veins is a chronic process that begins gradually and with time, it only progresses. To fully defeat the disease today is not possible, but to delay the development and reduce the symptoms you may apply the full treatment, which includes:
- change of life style;
- the diet;
- curative physical education;
- compression therapy;
- drug tool (for internal use of admission and place of destination);
- surgical intervention;
- thermal procedure;
- folk methods.
The effectiveness of the treatment will depend on the execution of the sick, of all the recommendations of your doctor. It is important to seek help at an early stage, when still no pain, but appeared dresses swelling, weight and fatigue of the feet, the small spider veins on the skin.
Correction of the life style
Without lifestyle changes it is not possible to effectively combat varicose veins. The rules that you must follow, absolutely simple, and its lack is generally related to the lack of strength of will or irresponsible in relation to their health.
- The normal maintenance of body mass.
- The separation of vices: alcohol and tobacco use.
- The rejection of the bath of the sun, visits from peers and saunas, the adoption of hot baths (including foot).
- Exemption of high heels (not above 4 to 5 cm).
- Wearing an elastic special mesh fabrics.
- Software training motor activity. This can be walking, swimming, therapeutic exercise, some types of sport. The important thing, to eliminate the squat, weight lifting, long distance running, jumping, martial arts of the orient.
- The adequate nutrition. The diet should be more fresh vegetables, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood. The amount of meat, it is recommended to reduce. It is necessary to abandon the smoked, fried, salty greasy. Beverages give preference to green tea, clean water, juice drinks, natural fresh juices, and limit the coffee.
- Use any opportunity during the day, in order to lift the feet upward at an angle of approximately 20 degrees.
- Buy a cushion for your feet, so that during sleep were above the level of the heart.
- Try, as far as possible rinse feet with cold water.
Special stretch knit has today, the sale of a large variety. This stockings, tights, socks of different colors and density, which practically are not different from normal. They have become a good alternative uncomfortable in the application, and externally an elastic bandage.
Special knitting, it can not treat varicose veins, but it improves the microcirculation, reduces the load on the vein, does not stagnate the blood, reduces the diameter of blood vessels, increase the turnover of the venous blood and the lymph. The person feels lightness in the feet, at night, less tired, bloating lack.
Highlight four therapeutic classes of drugs tissues of the mesh, in function of the pressure rate. Alone, you can use only products of the 1st class of compression that are considered preventive and are designed for healthy people. The rest must designate a physician depending on the diagnosis and the severity of the varicose veins. One should know that the compression of the product may be contraindicated in certain diseases. Pantyhose or stockings picks up medic strictly for size, otherwise the desired effect will not be.
For the treatment of varicose veins using the pill and the funds in the form of gels, creams and ointments different spectrum of action. They increase the tonus of the vascular, improve microcirculation, promote the flow of blood, prevent the skin change of the integument. The medicines are designed to eliminate fatigue, the severity, discomfort, swelling, itching, cramps and pain in the legs. Are assigned to their strictly individual.
The main tools of treatment of varicose veins is the special medications of varicose veins. They are made to the base of the nut, the routine sheet of the grape, and is almost always well tolerated by the patients. Are available in the form of tablets, capsules, gels.
To reduce the viscosity of the blood and reduce the likelihood of developing thrombophlebitis use anticoagulants. It's an ointment the basis of heparin with cooling additives such as menthol, camphor, eucalyptus. In addition to thin the blood, they prevent the development of thrombophlebitis.
When changes of the skin, causing itching, may give anti-histamines. When inflammation of the prescribe nonsteroidal anti-pill.
To get rid of varicose veins undergo surgery to remove the affected part of the boat, to leave to return the blood to the surface deep vein. The operation is called phlebectomy. Note in classic view, she, today, applies increasingly rare due to the emergence of new, less traumatic ways of dealing with varicose veins. This treatment is usually shown when large diameters of the veins and in cases of disease.
More smooth is the method of micro-phlebectomy, in which the phase of the vienna remove the parties and not through an incision and through a puncture.
Radiofrequency ablation is considered the safest and less traumatic way of treating varicose veins, although it has some contraindications. The method consists of thermal impact of microwave, resulting in the vessel lumen is closed. Key benefits:
- the out-patient treatment;
- does not need anesthesia and cutting;
- the recovery does not take much time;
- the procedure is easy to carry;
- you can do in the summer;
- bruising after the treatment, not, swelling and minor aches.
Laser coagulation – the other method of treatment of varicose veins, disease. During the procedure the vessel wall affect the laser. The radiation takes to join already performed, the walls of the veins and the complete closure of the lumen. It is performed on an outpatient basis, under local anesthesia, without cutting. In the lumen of the vein, inserted the catheter, through which they will introduce led and serves as the radiation. The procedure is less dangerous, complications happen very rarely.
This non-surgical method is one of the most common. Apply in small veins and as part of an integrated treatment, along with surgery. The idea is that, with the help of a needle in a vein to introduce special medicine. As a result, there occurs the adhesion of the wall of the vessel, its closure and the interruption of the flow of blood. Frightened vienna turns into fibrous weight. The main advantages of the method:
- the out-patient treatment;
- small trauma;
- the ease of execution;
- the duration of the procedure is approximately 20 minutes;
- a good cosmetic effect.
Liquor of nuts. In a glass bowl pour shredded greens, nuts, and cover with olive oil. Put in the sun for 40 days. To use as a tool that lubricates the dead of the place. The treatment last about four months.
Set the cabbage-leaf, one side put a layer of olive oil, place this side facing the patient phase, apply a dressing and leave for the day. Continue the treatment for a month.
This is one of the most effective remedies. For the treatment of varicose veins, prepare a tincture of the fruits of plants, which need to grind, fill up the half of glass capacity (a three litre) and pour in the vodka. Arrange in a dark place month, the time of time to tinker. When you are ready, rub the patient the space of a night. Alcohol dye brown for indoor and outdoor use when varicose veins can buy at the pharmacy.
When you are prompted for the varicose veins can be a question of whether it is possible to practice the physical exercises and sports and the exercises are useful. The majority of doctors agree that motor activity when this disease is very important, because to varicose veins useful of the speaker, and harmful static. But no less important to consult the doctor and about what types of sports that you can practice and what kind of load that can be better. In addition, the patient can be shown the special medical gymnastics, which pass directly to the medical institution. At home it is also possible to perform simple, but effective exercises, which in the regular classroom will help reduce the symptoms of varicose veins disease.
- Lie on your back, under the feet of put on the pillow for they went up at an angle of 20 degrees. Close your eyes, relax, breathe deeply.
- In the position lying on your back raise your legs vertically, and rotate your feet alternately in and out.
- Lie on your back and make your feet movement while riding.
- Lying supine, raise the foot and make for them cross (scissors).
- Stand and the right hand omitted, with feet together. Slowly rise on socks, then slowly fall.
- Walking in the place, socks not approached.
- Sitting on a stool to bend the legs at the stop itself and of itself, and then in the same way to flex the fingers.
- Release of the legs elasticated a jet of water alternately, then cold, hot).
Varicose veins – irreversible process, but to treat it need, necessarily, more that the modern techniques, which must be applied in a complex, very beautiful. Without treatment, the risk of developing complications, such as chronic venous insufficiency, phlebitis, thromboticflebite, thrombosis, trophic ulcer, and even that the dangerous state, which can result in death, such as pulmonary embolism.