Varicose veins is the swelling peripheral vein under the skin, most often the surface of the muscles of the legs, the veins acquire a view swollen and very winding, bluish color. Simultaneously, consisting of the sites and the valve unit is destroyed. The output of the blood in the veins can't go standard. When the valve the valves are closed, start the problems. The blood can not move, as it was expected – and got up. Vienna due to stagnation of blood under pressure.
When it becomes high you the blood as they pushed off, and the excess dilate the walls of the veins, which initially are different according to the thickness. The vessels are stretched. Their edges come into contact with the skin and become prominent. Because of this, are formed the characteristic "webs" (spider veins). If the vessel visible through a layer of the epidermis – which means that he is weakened. The thicker of vienna, the greater will be its blue color. Are created by the nodules, which are well visible in the legs.
This disease is quite known since ancient times. The archaeologists found the first references about the theme in the texts of the laws on medicine, which were created in the Byzantine state. In the hands of the egyptian pharaohs were elastic ligatures help in the prevention of diseases. Ways of treating the same tried to open the experts in medicine - Hippocrates, Paracelsus, as well as Avicenna.
This pathology is very common. She suffers one in every four inhabitants of the planet. Among the main factors of development – the inadequate development of the connective tissue. To the development of varicose veins are necessary predisposing conditions. This in part explains why, among the visitors phlebologist so many women. In your body the restructuring of hormones flowing especially active.
It is very important time to take care of state of the veins. They bring a lot of concern, since the most ugly types of feet. This is a major threat to the health and even life. When the disease reaches the running state, start its complications. However, if we look at the medicine in the time of the disease is not difficult to get rid of. If the time to begin the healing, the operation will not be necessary. This is the best way to get to vienna disappeared himself, taking the normal view.
According to statistics, varicose veins suffer from 18 to 20 per cent of the population and almost 50 % of the patients in the initial phase, are not yet aware that seriously sick. More often than by the disease suffering women.
The causes of varicose veins
Causes of varicose veins can be a long time waiting in the standing position, obesity, pregnancy, long-wearing sock, or socks with tight elastic bands, as well as the innate weakness of the connective tissue. The above refers to the primary reasons for the development of the disease.
Varicose veins are formed when wrong during the blood in their veins. Scientists have examined the causes of this disease, is not inherent in the other living types in the same proportion in which from it people suffer. Between installed reasons:
- The bipedalism. The researchers explain that the disease of the lower limbs is an exaggeration of the pressure that is exerted on the body. The position of blood lasts until the muscle of the heart. Special danger to those that pass on your feet a long time.
- Predisposition, which is genetically. The majority of people have this disease turns out to be a factor, transmitted from parents. Statistics in this case, it is very clear – infants whose parents were suffering from a disease, the probability to get hold of varicose veins increases to 70%. But this risk can be avoided, if you do not create other factors. The varicose veins often manifests itself at a very young age.
- The nature of the work, the standard of lifestyle. When the lack of mobility of many modern professions, there is a certain risk. The doctors have proposed the use of the term "computer varicose veins".
- Disorders of the endocrine system and the hormonal system. Because of the characteristics of the body of women in periods of hormonal failures become the causes of stagnation of blood. For them, the most dangerous periods – puberty, pregnancy, the time after the birth. It is also a dangerous time, when menopause arrives. This category of sexual of patients directed to doctors in 2-3 times more. In the female organs insufficient hormones, which are called of estrogen replacement. Instead of them, there is the so-called hormone of the corpus luteum. It is believed that it has muscle relaxant action. This facilitates the expansion of the veins.
- Obstacles at the exit of the blood in your veins. They emerge as purely mechanical in education – the formation of blood clots, the uterus, the tumor.
- Stress and nervous disorders affect the state of the blood vessels. On the wall of the vein have nerve endings that give them elasticity. In the case of an increase of pressure, effects of toxins, alcohol lumen of the vessels lose tone and expands.
- The Arterial-venous crossings. May form due to pressure in the area of cross-flow arterial blood cells.
- The so-called muscle pump is in the calf muscles, and they need activation. It is very important to monitor the health, avoiding the remnants of diseases, – cough and heart attack.
The factors that contribute to the development of varicose veins, can overcome, keeping an eye out for your health.
The symptoms of varicose veins
To not miss the moment of onset of the disease, need to know the early symptoms of varicose veins and have time to take the necessary measures.
The main symptoms of varicose veins are:
- The appearance of pain in the legs, feeling of warmth, and sometimes burning sensation through the veins of the feet;
- Weight in the legs;
- In the evening appear swelling in the legs;
- The evening will begin cramps in the legs;
- Advanced of vienna;
- The skin of the leg acquires a dark color, appear the seals, are possible trophic ulcer.
You can also designate the following symptoms varicose veins:
- There are demonstrations, covering only the area of the popliteal fossa, but also, and the rear surface of the leg. When the thick skin, how and when the excess of furry feet, is manifested less.
- Easy detectable – the dead of vienna, by palpation appear wavy.
- If the patient is put, by raising your feet – the mesh disappears, and in a vertical position again to thicken.
- Is felt a kind of heaviness in the legs, pain, blunt character, and seizures. Often the patient complains of a burning sensation. Especially, the manifestation of the aggravated at night, or after a period of long date.
- The foot may also increase, particularly in the area of soft tissue. They are also found in the ankles, lower legs.
That is, the main symptoms of varicose veins. They worsen, if you do not treat the disease in time. Trophic changes are propagated, in the skin of the legs and feet. The epidermis becomes dry, the blue tone, it easily occurs the swelling. Because of the progression of the varicose veins are observed:
- Indurate (seals).
- Trophic ulcer.
- Poor nutrition of the skin.
If you appear symptoms of third-party varicose veins, such as the temperature or the weakness – which means that the disease has entered the stage of complications. Are quite rare the symptoms, such as bleeding in the rupture of us. They occur most frequently during the night.
Complications varicose veins
Complications varicose veins take shape painful. They are easy to learn demonstrations:
- The intense phase of thrombophlebitis surface of the veins.
- Trophic ulcer.
- The bleeding varicose veins of the nodes.
Sharp thrombophlebitis has the following differences:
- the pain,
- notable of the seal in accordance with the passage of the sc located in the blood vessels.
Forming the blood clots can get in favourable during the process, and then, in the middle of the treatments are arranged (to germinate, and connective tissue), and then resolve. Thanks to this, the process begins to reconnect the vans of the vessel. The lumen may be closed completely. Due to this, occurs the risk of obliteration and primary sclerosing affected in vienna.
When the progression of the disease, arise from factors related to other diseases. After him, comes the next stage of the disease. It encompasses a system of deep veins, begins to disease of the pulmonary artery. If not treated can occlusion of the vessels of the limbs, when the output of the blood stops and begins to gangrene.
Chronic venous insufficiency
The development goes through several phases. Initials are considered to be minimal changes in the hemodynamics, which is formed in the horizontal directional veno-venous reflux. Simultaneously valves communicating vessels begin to suffer starvation, disease, and capture area passages of the vein, spreading to the deepest of them.
We highlight four steps, which are specific to chronic venous insufficiency:
- Zero, without clear clinical symptoms. Swelling expressed very little, as is visible ectasia the surface of the veins.
- The first, characterized a remarkable varicose swelling of the vessels of the lower limbs. Trophic violations.
- The second, with the evident growth of the veins. Formed characteristic of sites, noticeably constant swollen syndrome, spots, hyperpigmentation, lesions, eczema, trophic ulcer. If you pass the ultra-sound study, we can identify valve insufficiency of vessels of different types of collectors - superficial and deep.
- The third, in which are listed the above symptoms are complemented by a persistent view of trophic violations, that does not apply the conservative treatment.
You chronic venous insufficiency include if your symptoms are:
- the pain,
- convulsions of the night on the ends,
- stagnant in education in soft tissue,
- maybe an ulcer.
This pathology is specific to the pain that is caused – it is enhanced when the patient presents with lower limbs in position forced type, due to the application of elastic compression, the foot a pleasure step. Is the appearance of swelling, which proves that the deeper vienna surprise.
If you be amazed with only the surface of the vessels can diagnose transitional pasty ankles, with the seat in the upright position. The lower limbs are in a state of discomfort, causing chronic venous insufficiency does not give you the possibility to lead a normal livelihood. The physical load noticeably reduced, patients experience emotional tension failures, inappropriate sense of anxiety.
The reduction of health consequences. They suffer from self-esteem and social activity. It is important to have recourse to medicine, in particular - to the doctor.
Superficial thrombophlebitis of the portal vein
The essence of the pathology graduates from the blood cells batteries, plug in the opening in the subcutaneous, located in the vessels. Simultaneously, one develops inflammation of the venous wall aseptic type. The viscosity of the blood increases venous output hampered.
The place of location of the disease, many times, are the lower third of the thigh, maybe the upper third of the tibia. Theoretically, this disease is susceptible of every area of the body. Particularly the disease is subjected to a large subcutaneous vienna, along with the tax (95%). In the small – has only 5% of the cases.
Experts easily install the disease, because the clinical manifestations of thrombophlebitis surface of the vein, very shiny. The classic semiology is the following:
- flushing (redness) on the varicose veins modified from vienna,
- expresses the tenderness,
- general welfare does not change significantly (low-grade fever, weakness),
- if you feel battered pot – you can set a label of the soft tissues,
- the local hyperthermia.
With the development of the pathology, which encompasses most of the veins. 10% of cases leads to defeat in the vicinity of the blood vessels. You can develop a pulmonary embolism.
Diagnosis thrombophlebitis in this type is performed through several stages:
- Set the exact location of the top of a blood clot new.
- It identifies the extent and characteristics of pathological changes.
- The definition of risk of development of complications and with risk of life, with the help of ultra-sound scan of the blood vessels in the basis of mapping the colors of the blood flow.
- The definition of thrombosis during the visualization of the inferior vena cava and iliac vessels of a special study.
- Inexperienced patients are radiopaque phlebography.
- An analysis of the blood, which in normal cases say about the modest leukocytosis, increased sedimentation rate of erythrocytes, the concentration of fibrinogen and c-reactive variety of proteins.
- Coagulation changes the hypercoagulability.
For the treatment of thrombophlebitis surface of the veins is unacceptable procrastination. In the first characteristic of the signs of immediately resorting to specialists. It is a pathology of the vascular in the form of sharp, it requires hospitalization at the hospital with extra operational intervention.
It is necessary to determine the best locomotor mode, calculate the formula of compression therapy. The operation is only required when certain cases – for example, when the growing variety of thrombophlebitis base of the trunk subcutaneous large of vienna, when the upper part is above the average of one-third of the thigh.